Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

How Did I Get Here?


Metaphorically speaking of course. Do we have full power over the decisions we make or were we fated to be where we are today?

I had a dinner date with my friend, Kukghali, yesterday and this topic was the main discussion point.

So it got me thinking, do I believe in a pre-destined fate? Or is it just an excuse because as humans, we always like to blame other people slash things rather than take responsibility for our own circumstances?

I've not always made the right decisions, but maybe I was supposed to make the wrong choices for self growth. Whether or not I am accountable for these mistakes, or it was through no fault of my own; I'm going to get on this train called 'Life' and see where it takes me. I don't care what the destination is, I'm just going to enjoy the scenery. It's not about asking questions, but discovering answers.

"Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger…for the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grief's we endure help us in our marching onward."

-- Henry Ford

- Diem xo


1 comment: